Plumbing & heating systems
The leading, local experts
Chess Construction has over 30 years combined experience in gas and plumbing engineering. We are without doubt the most experienced heating & plumbing engineers in the local area. All our full-time tradesmen are either fully qualified plumbers or have experience in plumbing and heating. We are Gas Safe Registered and NIC-EIC registered.
As the leading domestic M&E engineers in your area (plumbing and heating!), we fit and commission beautifully simple or very sophisticated plumbing and heating systems for new builds, extensions or refurbishments. New installations have numerous advantages:
- High energy efficiency, saving you money and adding value to your property and helping save the planet
- Instant response – modern systems heat your property far quicker and more efficiently than older systems. Taps have piping hot water within seconds. No more running the tap for a minute before hot water appears.
- Mains pressure at all outlets – by changing from ‘unvented’ cylinders, showers & taps all deliver mains pressure even with simultaneous use, giving you a fantastic showering experience!
- Space saving – by considering at an early stage where to position your system, often you can save space with a loft, garage or utility room installation
- Quality of life – your whole property will now come up to a high standard with lower heating bills and greater standard of living
Plumbing system choices
Depending on whether you are having a new build, extension or refurbishment, talk to us at the earliest possible stage for advice on what water and heating system is right for you. We can advise you on the wide range of systems now available. These include many environmental considerations, some of which are available for grants. Chess Construction have installed over 700 Mechanical & Electrical installations (plumbing and heating!) over the years. Systems that you should consider are:
- Gas boilers
- Electric boilers
- Oil fired boilers
- Off-grid installations
- Ground Source & Air Source Heat Pump systems
- Unvented cylinders
- Solar installations
Many of the systems we install also include water based underfloor heating. These systems are superb for fast, even and efficient heating of a house. They also dramatically reduce the need for radiators. As the systems are housed in highly insulated materials, you’ll get more space with better efficiency.
Talk to us before commissioning plans
Talk to us at the earliest stages, preferably before an architect is commissioned so you can instruct your architect or draftsmen on the system that is best for your needs.
“I thought there was something wrong with my boiler as it never seemed to come on, but there was always hot water. Chess had installed a solar powered system. What I didn’t realise is that the system was so good that the solar powered system was supplying my whole house with hot water during the summer without the boiler kicking in. Absolutely amazing and what a saving!”